Canada | USA
Accessing the USDA's Value-Added Producer Grant Webinar: September 14, 2012
A USDA-led, BTEC-hosted educational webinar featuring insight from program experts
On September 14 from 2-4 PM ET, the Biomass Thermal Energy Council (BTEC) will hold a free educational webinar in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) on the Value-Added Producer Grant (VAPG). The VAPG makes available approximately $14 million in grant funding to help agricultural producers enter into value-added activities. This includes either economic planning or working capital activities related to the processing and/or marketing of valued-added agricultural products.
A panel of experts will describe:
- The USDA's commitment and recent expenditures in renewable energy
- The grant's eligibility and application guidelines
- How forest management contractors and biomass fuel producers fit into the program
- Wood to energy opportunities within the USDA
- The grant's application process, requirements, and deadlines
- How to highlight the crucial connection between forest harvesters and chip or pellet manufacturers
- What to include in the grant application and tips for increasing the chances of success
An interactive Q&A period will follow. You may submit your questions directly to the speakers during the event.
Date: September 14, 2012
Time: 2:00-4:00 PM ET
This webinar is free for anybody interested in taking advantage of these federal funds.
Registration includes access to the slides and a recording of the webinar!
Speakers & Presenters
Joseph Seymour - Biomass Thermal Energy Council, Executive Director
Todd Campbell - USDA Rural Development, Alternative Energy Advisor to the Under Secretary
Lyn Millhiser - USDA Rural Development, Management and Program Analyst
Dave Atkins - USDA Forest Service, Woody Biomass Program Manager
To learn more, be sure to check out the:
For more information on the event or if you have any questions, email Emanuel Wagner.