Canada | USA
Alternative Forest Operations is seeking qualified applicants to fill full time forestry climber positions and a climber/supervisor position.
Forestry climbing is physically and mentally demanding. It requires a serious mind, a fit healthy body and an ever present awareness for personal safety. It offers a challenging, exciting, rewarding outdoor career in a positive team environment. Located on Vancouver Island, Canada. Alternative Forest Operations is a leading force in the forestry climbing industry.
As an Alternative Forest Operations climber, one is expected to perform professionally, be reliable, responsible, and possess a strong work ethic. One must function well in a team, be able to recognize and stay present to a wide variety of hazards, traverse challenging terrain, climb and top large timber. Working remotely, you must be prepared for exposure to the elements, know how to read and understand maps, orient yourself in remote surroundings as well as feel comfortable flying in and working around helicopters.
- Have a minimum 2 years of tree climbing experience
- Hold a valid Level 1 first aid ticket or better
- Certified Danger Tree Assessor
- Certified Utility Arborist / Arborist
- Previous related forestry experience
- Understand maps and wilderness navigation
- Experience with radio use and protocol
- Be physically fit, capable of packing 65lbs of gear in steep terrain, for long periods
- Have a valid BC driver’s license
- A background in climbing, with a good understanding of knots and rope work
- A minimum 2 years saw experience
Please send resumes and a brief character summary to:
Alternative Forest Operations
For more information about forestry climbing, please visit our webpage http://www.heli-log.com