Canada | USA
Leading Portable Sawmill Manufacturer and Innovator Norwood Sawmills Racks Up Another Eight Technology Patents in 2012
With 45 existing patents and pending patents, more than all the sawmill companies around the globe combined, Norwood continues to develop innovative sawmilling technology to improve sawing efficiency and productivity.
Norwood Sawmills, a global manufacturer of portable sawmills and forestry equipment, was issued eight new patent registrations in 2012 in the U.S., Europe, Canada, and Brazil.
“Norwood’s experienced team of product development engineers focus their time on making sawing easier, faster, and more productive for sawmill operators,” says Norwood Sawmills’ President, Ashlynne Dale. “All of our patents underline our commitment to research and development. The beneficiaries of our innovation are our customers. We build new inventions into our sawmills, so customers can cut more valuable lumber faster and easier, thereby increasing their productivity and profits.”
Today, Norwood Sawmills has 45 patents registered and pending in multiple countries. This is more than the combined total of all the other sawmill companies around the world put together.
The focus of Norwood engineers is reducing operator workload, increasing capacity, and boosting production. Norwood’s latest registered patents protect a range of innovative sawmilling inventions incorporated into the LumberMate Pro MX34 full-sized portable sawmill and LumberLite ML26 mid-sized bandsaw mill, including:
- Auto-lock sawhead system reduces by 66% the workload associated with adjusting the blade’s depth-of-cut before cutting each board.
- Quick-set log rests greatly reduce the time it takes to clamp a log in place.
- Auto-blade lube system automatically turns water flow to the blade on and off before and after each cut, saving the operator valuable time.
- Auto blade-brake and blade-engagement system automatically looks after powering up and stopping the blade, thereby relieving the operator of yet more time-consuming operations.
- Ceramic blade-guide design adapted from large industrial operations to portable sawmilling applications.
“Norwood plans on applying for at least another half-dozen patents in 2013 to protect new inventions we are currently developing,” Dale continues. “At this rate, Norwood sawmills will become so advanced, it may even open your beer after your day of cutting lumber is done.”
Norwood Sawmills has been designing and building top quality portable sawmills for over 20 years. Norwood sawmills are hard at work in over 100 countries worldwide cutting millions of valuable board feet of lumber. With 45+ patents, more than all the other sawmill companies in the world combined, Norwood is the clear global leader in portable sawmill technology. And every Norwood sawmill, quality-made in the U.S. and Canada with cutting-edge fabrication technologies, is built rugged for years of accurate, reliable, profitable, worry-free milling.