Canada | USA
Northeast Biomass Heating Expo Program Unveiled
The 5th Annual Northeast Biomass Heating Expo officially unveiled its conference program for the April 3-5, 2013 event, to be held in Saratoga Springs, NY. The 2013 program emphasizes practical learning for developers, installers, and suppliers of biomass (wood and agricultural crops) heating and combined heat and power (CHP) equipment.
The complete program and early registration rates are now available online at NEbiomassheat.com.
Highlights for the three-day conference and expo include:
- A multi-site Industry Tour of local biomass thermal installations
- All-day Agricultural Biomass Heating Seminar
- Plenary sessions and workshop topics on air quality, including heat energy in state Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS), wood pellet delivery and distribution, and financing of heating systems
- Technical workshops on advanced hydronics and commercial-scale building installations for building professionals, HVAC engineers, plumbers, and architects
- Available Professional Development Hours (PDH) and Continuing Education Credits (CEU) for approved conference workshops.
"The 5th annual conference program demonstrates how biomass heating technology is working in real-world homes, buildings, and cities," said Joseph Seymour, conference chair and executive director of the Biomass Thermal Energy Council (BTEC). "Attending the conference and expo is the easiest way for those interested in renewable energy and energy efficiency to witness how biomass can meet their business or customers' heating needs affordably, efficiently, and cleanly."
Early bird registration is now open, and not-for-profit associations are eligible to receive registration discounts through becoming event co-hosts. Both indoor and outdoor exhibitor spaces are available at several sponsorship levels.
Since the Northeast Biomass Heating Expo & Conference was launched in 2009, over 1,450 individual attendees and 320 different businesses, agencies and organizations have attended one of America's fastest growing biomass energy conferences. In 2012, nearly 500 attendees from 30 U.S. states contributed to the conference's largest showing to date.
2013 Conference Program At a Glance
(Full program details at NEbiomassheat.com)
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
(Events begin at 8:30 AM - 5 PM)
Optional Northeast Agricultural Biomass Heating Seminar
Optional Pre-Conference Industry Tour
Thursday, April 4, 2013
(Events begin at 8 AM - 7 PM)
- Engineers/Architects Session I: Cost Savings and Renewable Energy Goals - CE Credits Available (2.5 hrs)
- Opening Plenary Session
- Engineers/Architects Session II: Advanced Hydronics 101 - CE Credits Available (2 hrs)
- Breakout Session I (2 hrs)
- Real Projects & Case Studies Plenary, Trade Show Floor
- Evening Reception & Networking
Friday, April 5, 2013
(Events begin at 7 AM - 1 PM)
- Trade Show Floor and Outdoor Exhibits Open
- Day Two Plenary Session - The New York State Biomass Heating Roadmap
- Breakout Session II & Workshops
- Closing Plenary - An interactive discussion on the state of the biomass heating industry and the northeast five years from now
- Thanks and Adjourn - Conference Chair
Visit NEbiomassheat.com for more event information, including registration, sponsorship, side events, co-hosts, lodging and travel information, and program updates.
About the Northeast Biomass Heating Expo 2013
The 5th annual Northeast Biomass Heating Expo & Conference is a production of the Biomass Thermal Energy Council (BTEC), with support from the Northeast Biomass Thermal Working Group (NEBTWG), and the Wood Products Manufacturers Association (WPMA). Visit www.NEbiomassheat.com to learn more.