Canada | USA
Ritchie Bros. to Conduct Massive Three-day Edmonton Auction on April 24 - 26, 2012
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers will conduct a massive three-day heavy equipment auction in Edmonton, AB on April 24 - 26, 2012. More than 4,300 heavy equipment items and trucks will be sold in the auction. Bids can be made in the auction on-site, online in real time at www.rbauction.com, or by proxy.
"The Alberta economy is booming, with lots of new projects being started across the province—local contractors are selling their assets to upgrade or diversify their fleets in order to keep up with all the development," said Jim Rotlisberger, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "As a result, our upcoming Edmonton auction features a large selection of quality used equipment from a wide range of well-known contractors representing a variety of industries. And, as with every Ritchie Bros. auction, the Edmonton auction is completely open to the public; just come to the auction site or visit us online, register, take a look at the equipment and get ready to bid."
This will be the second Ritchie Bros. auction in Edmonton in 2012—the first, held on March 6 - 7, featured more than 3,200 equipment items and attracted more than 5,000 bidders from 43 countries. In 2011, Ritchie Bros. conducted a total of six auctions in Edmonton and sold more than 25,800 equipment items—with 63 percent of the equipment purchased by buyers from Alberta (based on gross auction proceeds).
The April 2012 Edmonton auction already features more than 100 crawler tractors, 95 hydraulic excavators, 50 pipelayers, 40 wheel loaders, 35 motor graders, 30 skid steer loaders, 15 loader backhoes, 90 truck tractors, 80 service trucks, 60 flatbed trucks, 50 articulated dump trucks, 50 dump trucks, 140 pickup trucks and much more.
Specific equipment highlights in the Edmonton auction include:
- 10 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractors (six 2007 models, four 2006 models)
- 10 John Deere 450D LC hydraulic excavators (one 2009 model, four 2008 models, five 2006 models)
- 10 Caterpillar 572R pipelayers
- three 2007 Caterpillar 735 6x6 articulated dump trucks
- two 2011 Caterpillar D7E crawler tractors
- two 2011 Hitachi ZX350LC-3 hydraulic excavators
- two 2007 Caterpillar 14H VHP motor graders
- a 2006 Caterpillar 16H motor grader
- a 2006 Caterpillar 980H wheel loader
- a 2011 Kenworth T800 T/A truck tractor
- a 1991 Bell 206B Jet Ranger helicopter
The equipment in the auction will be sold for more than 540 sellers and includes more than 300 surplus items from Willbros Canada—Willbros equipment was made available through its exit from the Canadian cross country pipeline construction business. Willbros Canada continues to provide quality services to the oil-sands industry and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Willbros Group Inc., a global contractor specializing in energy infrastructure serving the oil, gas and power industries.
"The Willbros equipment in this auction has been well-maintained and is available for immediate use," said Steve Breitigam, Director of Corporate Development for Willbros. "We are pleased to have yet another opportunity to work with Ritchie Bros. and consider them the gold standard in the auction business. Their expansive reach gains access to bidders around the world and their brand name signifies the credibility they have built by providing quality and honest services."
Consignments are still being accepted for the Edmonton auction; anyone interested in selling their equipment can contact the auction site at 1.780.955.2486.
For complete details on all upcoming Ritchie Bros. auctions, including detailed equipment information and high-resolution photos of equipment being sold, visit the Company's website at www.rbauction.com.
Edmonton, AB auction details:
- Ritchie Bros.' Edmonton, AB auction site: 1500 Sparrow Dr., Nisku, AB, T9E 8H6
- Edmonton auction site phone:+1.780.955.2486
- Time & date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 to Thursday, April 26; starting at 8 a.m. each day
- The auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free; a refundable bid deposit may be required
- Interested buyers can come to the auction site to inspect, test and compare items ahead of the auction
How to register and bid:
- In person at the auction site
- Online at rbauction.com - register in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- By proxy - phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
- 30 -
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, selling more equipment to on-site and online bidders than any other company in the world. Ritchie Bros. offers services that enable the world's builders to easily and confidently exchange equipment.